Thursday, May 26, 2011

Re-Birth

I know it is about time...

So things around here have been a little quiet but I am hoping as the summer progresses I will be a little more active with the Blog, I have a journey I want to track, but till then I have one BIG hurtle to get over. Sulphur Springs 50 miler.

So since last we spoke I have run a couple of times...let's see there was NYC Marathon with Kimber - where she ran her first marathon and nailed it....then there was the Chilly Dog 50k Slush-fest - when I DNF'd at 40km...and then the Seaton Trails 55km Mud/Freeze-fest...all of which were really training for this weekends 50mile at Sulphur Springs. The course will be wetter than I would have likes, but with the last couple of races, combined with last years Muddy Haliburton I would say I am ready. Not much to do but shut up and run.

I am looking forward to the weekend, and promise to post a race report when I am done....the report will start something like...MY goal for this race was simple, have fun and break 9 hours...tune in to see what happened.

We'll talk later....

6 comments:

Eliza Ralph-Murphy said...

Nice to hear a bit about what you have been up to and your upcoming race. I actually went and got a cup of coffee for the read so was hoping for a bit more;-) I guess I will have to wait for that race report.

David said...

Sorry. Hope your coffee was tasty. I'll try to make the next one a little more wordy, but I had to start some place

Eliza Ralph-Murphy said...

Hey anything is better then nothing. I think the formula is to add 100 words to each blog to build up a good blogging base;-)
Have fun at your race!

JD said...

Welcome back to the blogging world! Enjoy the race. Well, you know what I mean.

Sara Montgomery said...

Have fun and good luck!!

Kimberley said...

Huge congrats on your amazing Sulphur race results honey!!! Truly in awe. It was fun being there with you.
I'm anxious for your race report too. Hope your toes are beginning to feel better. Ouchie!
xoxoxox