Thursday, May 27, 2010

Weekly Summary May 17 - May 23


Figured I better get this posted before the end of the week. Busy times. So another week in the books and another good week where runs went as planned, stayed injury free (mostly), but unfortunately slipped on the diet a bit.

Total for the week was 7:24, so just a little over last weeks total. Highlight of the week was a 2:48 run on Saturday, on some pretty knarly trails in parts. So the diet was doing well until I heard the call of the M&M's from the freezer. What were they doing there? Well Kim thought it would be a good idea to have some for Kingston a couple weeks back and the leftovers we would save if we went out to a movie in the future. Ha! They lasted almost a week. Evil things. Then on Monday (technically this week), we broke out the Mrs Vickie's Crinkle Cuts and Hummus, Yum.

So for Saturday's run I was suppose to run on easy trail, and because of time constraints (I was out at 5:55 in the morning) I decided to run on the Trillium Woods trails close to home. Now these aren't the longest trails and I HATE running loops, so I decided to run one of the longer 7km sections (outback) as part of it. Foolish. I had forgotten how nasty this trail was. About 3km in I tripped on my right foot and jammed my left ankle. Nothing too serious but a wakeup call for sure. Finished the run, but I was dead at the end. That super technical stuff can really tire you out even without adding any significant hills.

Highlight of this week will be cheering at the NCM 10KM as Graham runs his first 10km, and Kim will be his official pacer (if it is cool to run with mom). Sunday I hope to get in 3:30 on the trails in the Gatineau Park with all the Caterpillars falling from the trees. Yuk!


10 comments:

Sara Montgomery said...

Great week! Getting in over 7 hrs feels good.

Best of luck to Graham this weekend! That's very cool of y'all.

The brilliant and wonderful Miss Vickie is one of my favourite people.

JD said...

I have liberated many M&M bags and I feel your concern for their well being. Incarceration in a freezer is harsh and unusual punishment and they are lucky you heard their little muffled voices. Well done.

Derrick said...

Jubes! Now, they belong in the freezer. Feisty little devils.

I must add that I do very much enjoy when Vickie and Arthur come over to our house to visit.

Sara Montgomery said...

Arthur is an elegant and wise old gent. Good match, those two. We must call them.

Derrick said...

Hmmmm....I wonder what they're doing this fine evening??

Sara Montgomery said...

JD, something about your take on M&M's in the freezer makes me think you can relate to their circumstances. Perhaps along a frozen river somewhere...

David said...

Sounds like Sara needs stop to invite some friends over on the way home.

Sara, I agree, I think we need to start calling JD,M&M (not Eminem).

Unknown said...

I must confess, I have a weakness for Bridge Mixture and was in a deep depression when the Hershey Plant closed in the 'Falls.

David said...

Aaron, I cried too...my beloved chocolate covered almonds were no more. I am sure I developed an allergy to almonds because of the over consumption of those devils. They were so good fresh from the factory and then frozen, Don't even get me going on the broken/bulk OHenry bars and almond bars. Tears are not enough...

Johnny said...

M&Ms are really good with breakfast cereal, but you have to eat them fairly quickly as the candy coating wears off in the milk if you wait too long. That's not really a huge problem, but I prefer my milk to remain white (personal preference).

While not technically as healthy for you as blueberries, they're still good for you. In fact, many nutritionists recommend eating a diet that is varied in colours, and since M&Ms have lots of different colours, they must be healthy.