Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Weekly Summary Oct 5 - Oct 11

10/5/2009 - 10/11/2009: 101 km 9:06:01

There is something about the "1" and "0" on a training log, whether it is a 100km or 10 hours, it feels like a major barrier has been breached. If felt good this week too break the 100km mark and do it feeling strong in the process. Thursday was a great run home from my sister's downtown with my backpack and Sunday Kim and I were back on the Rideau trails again (tough technically). This will be a easy week, as we get ready for the last race of the season, the Sydenham Fall Trail Run. Not sure how I'll do for the 8km with no speed work, but I am hoping to be 34'-35'.

After this weekend R&I will 5 months away. I am feeling more confident as the training will start to get a little more serious. The last time I trained for 5 months specifically for a single race was Boston '08 where I ran my Marathon BP of 3:13:42, I am really looking forward to see where I will be in March, and the training that will get me there.

Mon - Noon 30' Elliptical
Tue - AM 20' - Noon 1:00
Wed - AM 41' - PM 45'
Thu - PM - 2:00
Fri - Noon 30' Elliptical
Sat - AM 1:23
Sun - AM 2:56




2 comments:

Derrick said...

Nice week! Look forward to seeing you guys on Sunday.

Kimberley said...

You are coming back SO strong love! I'm thrilled for you. It's wonderful to see the bounce in your step and the joy in your runs. xoxox
Yup, flights to Yellowknife are booked. Let the games begin.